25 Sep EMERGE LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE 2018 DAY 2 WITH PASTOR TOLU ODUKOYA-IJOGUN
Pastor Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun is a pastor at The Fountain of Life Church and an anointed singer. She is also the creator of Real Talk Women Initiative, an online platform where women pray weekly. She has a strong passion for women set apart to do exploits for God.
If Pastor Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun wasn’t already familiar to us at Church 3:16, a first impression of her would have been ‘firebrand preacher’. She talks with so much authority and passion that we are not surprised at how powerful her session was. She started off by leading us in a series of worship songs with her sweet melodious voice and then going into her message for the EMERGE conference. In her own words “We are here because we have an expectation, we must place a demand on the presence of God.
Speaking on the topic The Glory of the Lord and with the Scriptural text taken from our theme passage Isaiah 60:1, she said the word
- Arise, shine for thy light is come is a present continuous statement. According to her, we are not just to arise but to shine and keep shinning.
- The glory of the Lord is risen upon you also implies Christians are not ordinary; the day we gave our lives to Christ, we became extraordinary and when God’s glory is involved, you become extraordinary.
Explaining further on the word “Glory” and its characteristics, she said Glory has different meanings viz;
- It is a tsunami of everything contained in the character of God
- It is the active power of the Holy Ghost; this power has the ability to transform and resurrect lives. “The day you gave your life to Christ, a glory was deposited in you for kingdom assignments”. As a child of God, you must experience the power deposited in you.
Characteristics of Glory
- It must be evident, Exodus 13:21; Glory can manifest itself in the physical and is meant to be seen. We don’t shine to ourselves but to be publicly seen.
- It is powerful and tangible.
“If you wait for God’s timeline, Kings will come to the brightness of your rising”
In ending, she gave the following keynotes on Glory;
- In Matthew 4:8, the devil offered Jesus the glories of this world, but Jesus rejected them all. We should not short change our lives for earthly fleeting glories because we have heavenly glory.
- “A container is defined by it’s content”. We carry the glory of God.
- Your shinning will attract people, you have to understand who you are and what you carry.
- The visible power of God is called the Shekinah Glory. According to the Scripture, Isaiah 60:2; we have to expect to see the glory manifest in our lives because it has already been deposited in us for this season, generations and the now, that is why somethings aren’t a prayer point but a command.
- This same Glory raised Jesus Christ from the dead—Romans 6:4.
- We can only rule and reign in this realm through the Holy Spirit—Romans 8:11; ask yourself “what do you expect to see?”, “what do you have on the inside?”. You need to know what you carry on the inside to be able to speak and rearrange things in the supernatural realm.
- With glory, we have to continuously be filled to get even more glory, you need an intimacy with the Spirit of God, Ephesians 1:17, Ephesians 3:16-20, 2 Corinthians 3:18.To spend more time fellowshipping with God is to get more intimate with God. Never doubt God’s mighty power to work in you. You are a vessel.
Reported By: Feyisope Bamgbala